Principal NLP Engineer
Full-time | San Francisco, CA
Together, we can impact mental health on a global scale, and if you're ready to create groundbreaking technology in Emotion AI, we invite you to apply for our Principal NLP Engineer role based in San Francisco where you'll get to build a world-class set of machine learning applications to scale across homes, offices, and commutes globally.
Emotion AI is a complex problem and emotional response is not trivial. In order to build an emotion estimation model, we will need to annotate data for audio and in a later iteration video. We will need to build supervised and unsupervised models and look at model performance and latency, address issues with bias, and ensure that the datasets are large, diverse, representative, and properly labeled for metadata. For supervised learning, we would want to synthetically augment data for generalization and in semi-supervised learning, apply group level annotations. We will be exploring different deep learning approaches, various architectures to solve different variety of tasks, classification, and regressions.
- M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong programming skills with working knowledge of C++ and Python
- Experience working on WFST and DNN based ASR
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar frameworks
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Team player with good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Speech/Language Processing or Machine -Learning
- Familiarity with the state of the art in deep learning
- Experience with end-to-end neural network based ASR
- Experience with MapReduce, Spark, or similar frameworks
- Experience building crawlers
- Experience administering Linux clusters
- Experience developing web applications
*Kintsugi proudly celebrates diversity and inclusion.
**Please note: Kintsugi does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Kintsugi employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.